Sunday, November 14, 2010

Saturated Fats for Health and Fat Loss?


Have you ever heard that saturated fats are bad for you? Do you think they are the cause of clogged arteries and heart disease and all sorts of health problems? If somebody suggested that you need more saturated fats in your diet, what would you think?

The whole thing about saturated fats is a lie... at least as suggested by the latest evidence. The truth is that we need a balance of fats in our diet. Equal portions of saturated and unsaturated fats promote health and wellness (trans fats are still to be avoided at all costs, however).

Why? I'd be lying to you if I said I knew exactly what happens on a physiological level. This isn't something as simple as post-workout nutrition or something psychological like diet consistency. It's a heavily researched field that I am not qualified to explain. I wouldn't do it justice.

In fact, the whole reason I wrote this blog post today is because I thought I should pass on information from a recent article that caught my eye today. If you would like to read all the details, I suggest you check it out for yourself. It might change the way you think about fats entirely.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_truth_about_saturated_fat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting and asking questions about fat loss is the first step towards investing in your own health. You might also have comments that help other people or questions that other people are too shy to ask, so please leave a comment or ask a question.

Note that comments on posts older than 7 days are moderated to discourage spam.